Buddy

Default Aided Immigration 1857-1867 look up please

Please could you look up Patrick Torpey and Denis Goodyear as I am not having much luck finding them elsewhere.
    Many thanks

Buddy, have you consulted the website of the Genealogical Society of South Africa? www.eggsa.org/ I know that they have a Passenger List transcribing project.

From Aided Immigration 1857-1867 by Esme Bull

Patrick Torpey (23) farm labourer, wife Julia (24) and children Patrick (5). Mary (3) and Catherine (inf), from Scariff, County Clare, Ireland, sailed on the Tudor, dep Southampton 3/12/1859 arr Port Elizabeth 22/2/1860. Family travelling to Patrick Molony, labourer, Port Elizabeth.

Can't see a Dennis Goodyear listed
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Buddy

Thanks so much Sue, looks like you have found the right family - it was a very young Catherine I was looking for
    Dennis Goodyear arrived in SA at some point, the passenger lists don't always give an initial, which is bothersome.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    Patrick Torpey (23) farm labourer, wife Julia (24) and children Patrick (5). Mary (3) and Catherine (inf), from Scariff, County Clare, Ireland, sailed on the Tudor, dep Southampton 3/12/1859 arr Port Elizabeth 22/2/1860. Family travelling to Patrick Molony, labourer, Port Elizabeth.
    Ancestry reveals a few Torpey families in Scariff, which was in the parish of Tomgraney

There are a couple of hits for a Patrick Torpey fromTomgraney in the Griffith valuation Rolls
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids