Mike B

Default Herbert William Williams

Hi All
    I am looking for any infor Regarding Herbert William Williams. I know very little about him.

He was born around 1881 possibly in Wales and moved to Lancashire a few years later.
    He lived in Olivia Street Bootle and was married to Mary. He was a mariner but not sure where or when.
    His son was also called Herbert William.
    He had a sister Called Catherine Elizabeth Williams who was born 1878 in Wales. Her parents were William and Harriet.
    I am not sure if Herbert William's mother was the same.
    I am at a brick wall so any help would be fantastic.
    Thanks
    Mike

Wilkes_ml

Hi Mike.

Firstly, do you have his son's birth certificate? This would be the best place to start, or one of Herbert William senior & Mary's other children if you know their birth years and places of birth.

If you do not have any of their children's birth certificates then that is the first place to start really, as looking for Williams in Wales is literally like looking for a needle in a haystack!
    Last edited by Wilkes_ml; 11-09-2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: spelling again!

Brick wall demolition expert!

Although Williams can be a difficult name to research, having the names Harriet and Herbert potentially makes this easier, particularly looking in Wales.

Looking at births between 1878-1833 there is only one possibility in Wales – Herbert William L born 1882 Wrexham, Denbighshire. However there are William Herbert Williams, so if the names have been transposed there are more possibilities.

We really need some for information to help you.

When did he live in Olivia Street? Have you found him in a census, if so what are the references?