bushbard

Default G'day from Bargara, Queensland, Australia

My name is Merv Webster and I live at a beachside village east of Bundaberg, called Bargara in Queensland. I have been researching various family lines over the years, Callaghan, Broggy, Sewell, Crump, Webster, Edwards, Marquard, McDonald and others.

Finding the many fascinating stories led me to writing bush verse and ballads and enjoy performing these works to the public.

I look forward to being a part of the community.

https://

users.tpg.com.au/thegrey/
    Last edited by Neil Wilson; 10-09-2013 at 7:13 AM. Reason: url edited see AUP

G'day Merv and welcome to Brit-Gen.

Another Aussie on board - fantastic. I'm down the highway from you on Lake Macquarie so a bit far to go for a night out enjoying the bush hospitality.

We have a Surname Interest forum if you want to put the names you are researching on there. You never know there may be somebody else who has them in their tree. Then if you need help with an ancestor who is being difficult choose a forum and post your query. Joining forces and helping is what Brit-Gen is all about.
    Christanel

bushbard

G'day Christanel. Thanks for the welcome. Nice part of the country you live in. Look forward to be a part of things.

Merv

Hatshepsut

G'day Merv~~~~I'm another Aussie. I live on the Gold Coast. Welcome to the site.

bushbard

G'day Hatshepsut, Spent many occasions during my youth visiting the coast and surfing there. Got a bit too big and then went to the north coast but it grew too. Very different from the early years. Hope life is being kind.

Merv

Hatshepsut

Hi Merv.....we have only been living here for 9 years so didn't know it way back when.
    It is a great place to retire tho'....has everything we want and need.

I might see you around the site as I'm hunting McDonald's from Kirkcaldy.

bushbard

That's me with a replica of William Wallaces' sword.

We have a great Celtic weekend at Boondooma Homestead in August each year.

Merv

Hatshepsut

oooo....Celtic!!!!! Hubby and I love Celtic!! Will have to put that on our calendar!!