Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

I'm wondering about .....
    I found (geneanum, Malta Marriages) a marriage in Malta in 1826 between a Rosario Caruana (of Giovanni and Caterina Vella) and Elisabetta Caruana (of Consolato and Antonia Mallia). If Rosario and Elisabetta had a daughter, she could have been named Consolata. Indeed, Consolata Caruana, my gg gm, might recall her gf's name (though in male version); her daughter Elizabeth might recall Consolata's mother first name.

At the moment it's only a supposition; the only one which I can built something on. I'll have to work a lot about it and have to cross with some more data to find around.

Hope to give you some feedback in a few days.

Could not get any more info. It's a road to nowhere !!!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

No on the back burner until more info becomes available!

Jx

After a long research in Palermo Register Office, I found Consolata Caruana's death : 4th of september, 1913, aged 72.
    So she was born in 1841, daughter of Rosario Caruana and Elisabetta Caronia (or Caruana too ???). No birthplace reported.
    The transcription was wrong and she was reported as Carnana.

I try to recap the "story".
    My gg gm, Consolata Caruana married in Constatinople abt 1860 CHarles Hamilton of Shoreham. He died in 1868; Consolata at that time was probably living in Kertch, Crimea, Russia, where she stayed for sure up to 1907. In 1862 she had a daughter, Elizabeth.

Then we have this Maria Calcedonia Severina (MCS) Caruana, who marries in kertch in 1880 a British William Henry Bright. At the marriage she was 30. Her father is reported (marriage cert) to be Rosario Salvatore Caruana, Gentleman. An Elizabeth Hamilton attended the cerimony.
    These are facts!!

Now the speculations:
    MCS Caruana, b.1850, could really be Consolata's sister (Consolata born 1841), and this would explain the role of Elizabeth Hamilton at the marriage.
    As I don't know about Consolata's birthplace, just it's the same for MCS. It's important to find MCS's mother as well as her birthplace.
    That's the direction of my investigation now.

Hope to update info in the future.

Default At the end: Consolata's birthplace!! :-)

This morning got another result:
    Consolata Caruana, died in Palermo, 1913 4th September, daughter of Rosario Caruana and Elisabetta Caronia (Caronia might be a wrong transcription of Caruana), was born in 1841 in MALTA. It's official!!

Well done Bob your perseverance has paid off.

Now for the next search? Born Malta.....1841

Jx

Looking for websites for Malta genealogy!

Just by typing Malta Genealogy records in to a search engine you will get lots of hits. One I got was World Vital Records whosay they have 678 Records for the name Caruana in Malta. They are offering a 7 day free trial at the moment.

Also barbsnow.net/Malta.htm looks to be very helpful with some history of Malta and how to order certificates etc.

Cyndislist is also a good site for links to genealogy sites for many countries.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Have you not answered your own query @ #41 top of this page....

I think the question is connected to Consolata. This is why I made the effort to find where Consolata was born, Malta.
    There are some traces I'm working about.
    The best on-line is Geneanum, but data are kind of "leopard spot", and The Archives of the Archdiocese of Malta put registers on line, but they must be read page by page, and it will take some time.

But fingers are crossed and now I'm positive!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast