Starting to feel at home

Default Hello Everyone!!

Just a quick note to introduce myself, I have seen lots of positive comments about the friendliness and helpfulness of the people on this forum so thought I would give it a try.

I have been researching my family tree for a couple of years now (on and off when time allows) and reallly do enjoy the thrill of the hunt!! It has all been web research and certificates but I am now getting to the point where I am going to have to start heading to our local history centre which will be a new experience.

I do have a couple of brick walls that I have no doubt I will be posting about separately in the relevant parts of the forum.... including one John Smith!!

Look forward to hopefully contributing to the forum as well as seeking advice

Colin

Hello Colin and welcome to Brit-Gen.

We are a friendly community and positively love joining in a good hunt for ancestors who elude us, whether on purpose or by the careless actions of themselves or others.

Getting back beyond 1837 BMD records and the 1841 census does bring the need for different/new skills and this where the experience of the members on Brit-Gen is invaluable.

I see you have already posted in brickwalls so hopefully yours will soon start to crumble.

Enjoy!

Christanel