Kate W

Default WW1 concert party research

Hello everyone. My name is Kate Wills, and although I dabble in family history, I spend most of my time researching military concert parties during the Great War 1914-1919.

The index to my research is on two databases, one noting army concert parties (933 so far), and the other registering names of their members and individual entertainers / performers (3007 so far).

I am always scouting to expand my research, so if you have any information relating to concert parties and entertainment in WW1, or think I may be able to help you, please drop a line.

Regards

Kate

Hello Kate and welcome to the forum

I see you have been active already and I hope your knowledge will be invaluable to the members

Also, you could dabble a bit more into your own family

Good luck

As this forum is only for introducing yourself to our members I have copied it to the actors and artistes forum where further discussion is active.

Christanel

MARION CRAGG

Talking PIANIST IN WW1

Quote Originally Posted by Kate W View Post
    Hello everyone. My name is Kate Wills, and although I dabble in family history, I spend most of my time researching military concert parties during the Great War 1914-1919.

The index to my research is on two databases, one noting army concert parties (933 so far), and the other registering names of their members and individual entertainers / performers (3007 so far).

I am always scouting to expand my research, so if you have any information relating to concert parties and entertainment in WW1, or think I may be able to help you, please drop a line.

Regards

Kate
    MY FATHER IN LAW, WAS A PIANIST IN WW1, IN FRANCE, HELPING GIVE CONCERT PARTIES. HIS NAME WAS ARTHUR BERTRAND CRAGG. HE SERVED IN THE KOSBY'S. DO YOU HAVE ANY RECORD OF HIM PLEASE? MANY THANKS.

MARION CRAGG. MRS.