Joank

Default KEENAGH in Westmeath

I am trying to trace my late husbands father, he was born in Westmeth Southern Ireland in 1894 and his fathers name was Thomas Keenagh. I have been trying to trace the surname for a few years without success, has anyone any ideas !!!!!!!

Hello Joan
    Welcome to BG Forum

Have a browse around and post your queries in the relevant forum.
    For Westmeath (note the A in the name) google lists it as a county which does not have a forum on here (reason is forum for the popular areas were only originally created) so please post here

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Joan

Irish Genealogy has quite a lot of records including the 1901 and 1911 census

only Keenagh I can see in Westmeath in 1901 is William & Anne but they are elderly
    in 1911 Hugh 69, Wife Anne 63 and Bernard 39 , Michael 30 in Longford

Loves to help with queries

1901 census for Killinure, Westmeath has Thomas KEENA age 31 farmer, wife Bridget 32 and children Patrick 6, Michael 5 Edward 4 Mary Jane 2 and Thoma 8 months.

Sue

Joank

Red face Hi my name is Joan

I am looking for my late husbands father His name was Micheal John Keenagh and all I know is that he was born in Weastmeath in 1894 and his fathers name was Thomas Keenagh. Can anyone help me to find out any more information please!!!!!!!

Joank

Hi Sumi, Thank you. for your very quick response. The information you have given looks like it is the right person because on Michael Johns marriage certificate he listed his father as a farmer. We never actually new what name he used, someone said he had changed the spelling and others said he had taken his name from a place. The latter is most likely because there is a place called Keenagh not far from Westmeath. Thank you very much for your help, I'm sure that the rest of his brothers will be interested in this news. They were all put into care at an early age so they didn't know anything about their family. Thank you again I will see if I can find out any more. Take Care Joan Keenagh

I think this thread was merged with your original Introduce Yourself thread, so I have altered the title to something more meaningful than "My name is Joan", in case people think it is an introductory thread.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids