Loves to help with queries

Default South African bdm records.

can anyone tell me where to find birth, death & marriage records for Cape Town South Africa?
    Also shipping records into Cape Town? Am looking for two families: Frederick George Furlong, born 1824 in London, UK, and married 1851 in Cape Town to Martha Johanna Caroline Borgstrom. She was the daughter of Jurgen Pieter Borgstrom and Anna Jacoba De Cadt. Jurgen and Anna were married in Cape Town in 1822.
    Borgstroms originally from Sweden - or so I have been led to believe. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks. Jeddah.

I have moved your query to the South African forum. You might like to read the Sticky on South African research at the top of this forum.

You can also browse original Cape Town registers at https://www.historicalpapers.wits.ac....igitalItems/U/
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Settling in

Frederick & Martha are my GG GrandP. What relation are they to you? I to am looking for info from Sth Africa and Freds parents in Portsea UK. I have them listed as George Frederick and Eliza (Phipps) Furlong.Fred had a sister Mary and a couple of brothers names unkn at this time.
    Steve. Australia.

Loves to help with queries

Hi Steve,
    sorry can't help with this one. Was trying to find something for a friend and have now lost touch with them. Hope someone else can help you. All the best. Jeddah.