Thread: Cave and rand.

Loves to help with queries

Question Cave and rand.

A few weeks ago I was given some information on Edward cave and Elizabeth rand of tackley.. They married in kidlington in 1716. I have searched the kidlington marriage records. But can find no marriage. I have also looked for Elizabeth in tackley but can find nothing. The person who gave the information . Was given it by someone who was tracing the cave's. he has also looked for Edward and Elizabeth but can find nothing. Does any one know if the Parrish records for tackley and kidlington have all been transcribed or are there pages missing from the kidlington marriages. It's mystery.

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

I've just checked the OXFHS - Oxfordshire marriage index. 1538-1837, and can find no marriage. No Edward Cave at all, in the index.

The closet Elizabeth RAND marriage, is to a William WOLCHARD. 6 Nov 1698 @ Deddington.

The next nearest marriage, is in 1812 @ Crowmarch Gifford.

I'm not sure if your marriage maybe non-conformist, but Quaker marriages in Banbury, are included in the index.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

OxFHS Quote:. 'It must be remembered that many registers have disappeared and so this index cannot be considered as a complete record of all marriages which took place in the county. It is however the best available and most complete source.'

Steve.

Loves to help with queries

Thank you for your help.