Default Not Buried at Abney Park

Have finally tracked down the death of one of my birdstuffing Halls. Apparently he committed suicide in Jan 1860.
    Although two of his children were buried at Abney Park Cemetary, there is no sign of this Thomas Hall on the index.
    I know that this was effectively the successor to the non conformist burial ground at Bunhill fields.
    Did non-conformists have a problem with burying suicides in the same way as other christian religions ?

cheers..Ed

Reputation beyond repute

I can offer Thomas Fairn Hall buried at Victoria Park Cemetery in 1860. Presumably not yours.

A bit unlikely Peter. He lived in Stoke Newington and committed suicide in St. Thomas's Hospital, which is why it took such a long time to identify the death. Not much connection with Victoria Park.

thanks anyway.

cheers..Ed

Mutley

It also depends on which side of the river he ended up being buried. A lot of cemeteries to choose from.
    Have you had a quick look at Deceased Online? They have some Halls buried in 1860.

Thanks for the suggestion Mutley, but no Thomas's.

I was really wondering about the fact of not being buried at Abney.

this is a middle class family living in Stoke Newington, two children already buried there, so would have assumed that the father would have been also. so wondered if the suicide was a factor.

cheers..Ed

Mutley

The suicide might be a factor if he was catholic. One of mine did the same, in a South side of river hospital but I've never found his burial. I think there are still a lot of burial records to be transcribed and also a lot of lost records from those times.

If yours and mine were in unmarked graves then we will never find them.