Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hugh Thompson

I couldn't find any Hicks in Mylor so following what Rebeca had I did a search of St Ives PR's.
    Hugh.

Baptisms. St Ives.

8th Dec. 1717. Nathaniel son of George & Sibella Hicks.

Marriage. St Ives.

21st Dec 1741. Nathaniel Hicks & Elizabeth Holman.

Baptisms. St Ives.

23rd.Oct 1758. Hannah daughter of Nathaniel and Eliza Hicks.

There is another George Hicks of St Ives marrying a Sibella Thomas at Zennor, but it's too late, about 1737

------------------------------------------

Eanswythe

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Thompson View Post
    Hi Rebecca and Eanswythe, I’ve made a simple timeline as it was starting to become confusing, I’ve double checked these with the registers so hopefully no mistakes.
    Hugh.
    This is very good of you Hugh!

I've been busy looking at the possible St Ives origins of Richard Uren and I think it is looking quite promising. For a start, the names of the five siblings of the St Ives Richard all reappear in the Richard of Mylor's family - including the older twins Sarah and Ann being remembered in the name of their possible niece Sarah Ann.
    I also spotted that the brothers of the St Ives Richard were both mariners and we know Mylor Richard was a mariner.
    I thought it possible that the middle name of Hillman, which appears in the Mylor family, could help confirm the St Ives link as the mother of Hannah Hicks from St Ives (who we think married Richard Uren) was a Holman. As yet I've not been able to link up the other surnames that appear as middle names in Richard of Mylor's family, but the families all appear in the Mylor registers - I suppose they may even have been godparents?
    Looks like it could be coming together!

Hugh Thompson

Thanks Eanswythe, I'll keep my eye out for anything interesting to do with them for you as my main areas of interest are St Ives, St Erme and Mylor, mostly Mylor in the 1600's at the moment working my way through court documents and having some success at last.
    Hugh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123