Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Devonmade

Thank you all for your advice. I think it will be free versions from now on.

Sue

MarkJ

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    I have a feeling that you can "tell" OpenOffice (and LibreOffice) to save as a specific format and make that the default if you wish. It is in the settings somewhere.... I expect I can find out if you want.
    Just in case anyone is looking, the option to change the format you save in is under Tools > Options > Load/Save > General. You can there choose the office function and the format you wish to use as the default save. You can also turn off the warning about not saving in the .odf or whatever format.

Worth looking through the various options in the Tools menu. There are some ways to speed things up for example and tweak to your own likings - but, like all these things, don't alter stuff willy nilly - one change, see how it goes before the next change. Otherwise you can end up with a real mess! A quick nose around the search engines for "optimising libreoffice" or whatever will bring up some ideas to try if you wanted.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12