didi5

Default Benjamin Rudyerd and Jane Tothall

Recently kind members helped me with a Rudyerd family problem this is the other half of the brickwall.On 22nd jan 1711 Benjamin and jane tothall were married at st.brides,fleet st.I have researched all the children who were baptised at st.martin's in the field and have been assured that no male line survived,if someone could confirm my findings it would help greatly.why I am doubtful is because I have articles passed down the family line including Janes parents coat of arms on vellum.

Brick wall demolition expert!

A very rudimentary look on Family Search turned up this

Mary Rudyerd
    christening 24 Feb 1713 SAINT MARTIN IN THE FIELDS,WESTMINSTER,LONDON,ENGLAND
    parents Benjamin Rudyerd, Jane

Benjamin Rudyerd
    christening 18 Mar 1712 SAINT MARTIN IN THE FIELDS,WESTMINSTER,LONDON,ENGLAND

Jane Rudyerd
    christening 11 Mar 1714 SAINT MARTIN IN THE FIELDS,WESTMINSTER,LONDON,ENGLAND

Benjamin Rudyerd
    birth 10 Jul 1716
    christening 17 Jul 1716 SAINT MARTIN IN THE FIELDS,WESTMINSTER,LONDON,ENGLAND

It would seem likely that the first Benjamin did not survive but given the research you have do you have a copy of, or have you researched, the parish records

https://www.westminster.gov.uk/servic...xes/guide/8/1/

didi5

I have found Benjamin Rudyerd for 1712,1714,1716and1718 as you say they all died but not sure about 1718! also william 1719 and 1721 here again could the 1721 have survived.I have only looked at the male line to establish continuance.So summing up the confirmation I'm seeking is death dates for Benjamin b.1718 and William b.1721.
    thanks very much for your help so far.

Mutley

There is a bit of history regarding London burial grounds on this site.
    https://www.
    burial.magic-nation.co.uk/bgpage1.htm

It may give you an idea of the dates the cemeteries were open and narrow down your search a little.

I think the Parish Burial records for 1551-1853 at St Martin in the Fields are held by the City of Westminster Archives Centre.

didi5

Thank you Mutley most interesting
    Didi5

Rudyerd

Default Ben Rudyerd

The Rudyerd family are also my ancestors my gg grandfathers mother was a Rudyerd.

The Benjamin B.1656 D. 1717 the son of William was my g… x grandfather.

He had two daughters.

Dorothy and Mary. They were both living in 1724

Four sons

William 1687

Thomas son obituary Coelets 30 September 1715 at 26

Robert 1688 Robert also married a Jane

County: London

04 Jul 1717 Mr Robert Rudyerd, of Wormley, co. Herts, Bachelor, 27, & Mrs Jane Chaplaine, of same, Spinster, 17; with consent of her parents ["Jane Chaplin" signs]; at Wormley aforesaid.

They had a daughter

Benjamin Rudyerd which you refer to was the eldest son and heir, nat’ 15 October 1686 living 5 September 1724;

Benjamin Rudyerd first marriage age 22, 1708 was with Anne, daughter of Richard Beaumont of Whitley, co. York my ancestors

Two sons

Richard 1708 My Ancestor and

Beaumont

He then married age 25, for a second time, 22 January 1711 Saint Bride Fleet St Jane daughter of William Tothall , citizen of London; died o.s.p. (No children)

I hope this helps

m
    undefined

undefined

undefined