Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    terrysfamily

Default Email notifications or lack of

I don't know if it just me or is anyone else not receiving email notifications when someone comments on a thread you have posted to.

At work I always check to see if anyone has added to a thread that I've posted to, by going to my emails on my mobile. But over the last few days I have not received an email even though there have been subsequent posts.

I also used to get an email to tell me I had received a 'Private Message' but those too have not come through for a couple of days.

I can visit the site on my phone but it takes about 15 mins to load on that thing.

I haven't changed my settings either on here or in my emails.

Anyone

Terry

Jan1954

Hi Terry,

Have you checked your spam folder?

I have found certain emails going there instead of to my inbox. This is from a couple of different websites where notifications used to be fine but my email (gmail) has decided is spam rather than being pukka.

terrysfamily

You've solved it Jan. Just looked in my spam folder and there are all the noifications. Icluding the one for your reply just now. Right I've told it that they are not spam. See if that works.

Tank you for explaining it to me.

Terry

Reputation beyond repute

Adding the address that the notifications come from to your address book helps too.

I really dislike it when these machines start trying to think for us. It feels like the programmers have decided that we are incapable of doing things for ourselves and they know best........ Hmmmmm thinking about it I can see that they really do feel superior and that we are not to be trusted to decide about our own email.

Goodness me how rude!
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Reputation beyond repute

Most people complain like mad if spam isn't filtered out of their email.

You can either spend a lot of time yourself deleting spam or you can spend a lot less time scanning the junk folder for any wrongly classified email.

Devonmade

I've also pondered as to why when one belongs to a mailing list which you have included in your list of contacts quite often some of the emails end up in the spam box whilst others go into the inbox.

On another note I had to log into BG forums today as for some reason I was logged out.

terrysfamily

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Adding the address that the notifications come from to your address book helps too.
    Good tip Peter. Took me a while to figure out how to do it but I think I've got there.

Terry

Reputation beyond repute

often some of the emails end up in the spam box whilst others go into the inbox.
    I think it has to be the email address that actually sends the stuff. Failing that you could set up a filter. Decide what is unique about those mailing list messages (perhaps something in the subject line?) and set up an action of 'do not send to spam'. If you want to be even cleverer you could send all the mailing list stuff to it's own new folder.

Gypsyrose51

I'm not getting them as well and I've just checked on the Forum and have three.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast