exiled brummie

Default A New War Memorials Site

After posting on a thread dealing with war records I ran a search on the relative covered and found the following site. It is currently under construction but already carries a huge amount of information gleaned from war memorials in South Cumbria - the area around Ulverston, Barrow in Furness etc.

Each memorial featured, and there are already a large number, has not only the names etc of all those commemorated but also has high quality photographs.

The site is: southcumbriawarmemorials.
    webs.com

Nicolina

the website is actually at: https://

cumbrianwarmemorials.blogspot.co.uk

exiled brummie

The address was copied from the search result on Google and has since been tried. It works for me so perhaps there are 2 access points. Thanks for your input anyway.

Nicolina

I had to Google it as the address you gave only opened a generic page showing a list of links. Strange. Some-one must have over indulged last night.

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolina View Post
    I had to Google it as the address you gave only opened a generic page showing a list of links. Strange. Some-one must have over indulged last night.

The link in post #1 works fine for me, as long as you join up the two parts of the address. It takes you to Andy Moss's website, 'The War Memorials of South Cumbria', with links in the top menu bar to memorials from different places.

The link in post #2 is to a different website. (It's useful too, though, so thankyou both, exiled brummie and Nicolina.)