Thread: 90 Squadron

sargib

Default 90 Squadron

Hi I could really do with some help I have managed to get hold of my dad records from the 90 squadron and have many missing pieces, His name was Charles cox and I just wondered if anyone remembers him or has any information on him.
    Any information however small will help Thank you

Could you fill in a bit more information, dates, locations.

(I am assuming he as passed on with you naming him, see AUP )

sargib

Hi Sorry for delay in reply but christmas has been very hectic here.
    I have my Dads Record of service and have managed with the help of a friend to find out quite a bit about what he did in the RAF.
    He joined in 1936 RAF Apprentice Training RAF Halton he then went onto Squadren 24 RAF Hendon he then went on to various squadrens but the one I am most interested is when he was in the 90 squadren which he joined on the 4th Sept 1943 RAF West Wickham, moving to RAF Tuddleton Oct 1943. We are not sure if he took part in the attack on Hannover 22 Sept 1943 and would love to know.
    16th July 1944 he was posted to 1657 CU RAF Stradishall and then later in 1944 posted to No3 Group Aircrew school (1657CU)
    He later on in 1945 was posted to India Command RAF Mauripur we also know he was admitte to the RAF Hospital in Mauripur but not sure what for.
    He then went on to Ambala 20 Squadren He then came back to the UK to RAF Lasham he then moved to RAF Colerne Mar 1948 working with Spitfires .
    It would be great if you could help with any of this as myself and family would love to know.
    Mant thanks sarah