Thread: Hilda May White

melsibob

Default Hilda May White

I am trying to find details of my maternal aunt. She was born in 1900 in Andover, Hampshire. She lived in Hurstbourne Tarrant and Faccombe until - I believe she married Robert Henry Ford in Portisham Dorset. From conversation with my mother (long since deceased) it appears that Hilda died at a relatively young age. Hilda was actually registered as Hilda May Pearce at birth (her mother living in Andover Workhouse at the time of the birth). Her mother Alice married Henry White in October 1900 - Hilda having been born in July. Henry's names does not appear on the birth certificate - no details of the father was recorded. Do these details seem familiar to anyone? I would like to know more about Hilda and what happened to her if possible. Cousins who still live in the Andover area were not aware of Hilda's existance until I unearthed her birth details.

The marriage certificate is amongst the original Dorset records on Ancestry and I see she married as Hilda May White on April 17th 1920, with Henry listed as her father, though I'm afraid that doesn't help you get much further!
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

melsibob

No it doesn't becuase I had already spotted that - thanks anyway!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Might she have gone overseas? FMP may help you there.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

melsibob

Anything is possible but I doubt she went abroad. I think there was something my mother wouldn't say. and it is strange the cousins who live in the area know nothing about her (and a brother). He died aged 30 and never married. - so I sorted him out, but again the cousins didn't know of him either. I was hoping she had children and thye would have been able to fill in the gaps.

Mutley

There is a boy's birth registered in March 1921 at Sherborne, Dorset. Surname Ford, mother's maiden name White.
    They are common surnames but he could be a possible child of the marriage.