Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ken_R

Quote Originally Posted by gasser View Post
    'initial report' that appeared after I submitted my request. Is that some sort of confirmation? or do we get something more appropriate via email?
    Before, when I have sent an email request I have received an email with "CaseID........." followed by a 7 figure number to quote in the event of queries.

If you had something like that appear in the 'initial report' then, I would suggest, the request was received.

gasser

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_R View Post
    Before, when I have sent an email request I have received an email with "CaseID........." followed by a 7 figure number to quote in the event of queries.

If you had something like that appear in the 'initial report' then, I would suggest, the request was received.
    Just checked the report I'd saved and unfortunately, there is nothing to suggest this. Guess I'll just have to wait 'til next working day, and see what arrives in my inbox........but thanks for your reply.

Famous for offering help & advice

Yes I got to the 'Initial Report' page & there it seemed to end. Considering I filled the form in Friday lunchtime I likewise have not yet received a confirmation email.

Mitch

Famous for offering help & advice

Just looking at this page:

https://familysearch.org/blog/en/pol...ake-city-utah/

The LDS state they do not send out confirmation emails, but will do in the near future - but that was in March!
    I certainly had a confirmation to my request made at the end of April, BUT I did not use the official form & received my documents (twice!) within a month. Posters on the link are reporting waits of 10 weeks....

Still none the wiser!

Starting to feel at home

Can I ask whether this facility is still available? I can see that the links to the forms still work, but I can not locate this on the familysearch website as a service...or am I missing something?

Ken_R

Yes still working. The request form is at
    https://lds.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9tdS7lqbTCW30kR
    The form is deceptive in that it asks how many copies you require, when it actually means records.

Wilkes_ml

Have only just noticed this.....do you need exact dates to get copies of each individual record?

Starting to feel at home

Well I have just sent off my first batch and got e-mail confirmation with case ID etc. It took me a while to figure out what went where but I think I got there in the end once I had thoroughly read through this thread.

It does look for the exact date to be provided, but I had located these for each item I submitted.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Whilst double-checking on the LDS site what I had to do to order copies I found this page which says that with effect
    from 5 Dec 2014 the duplication service will be discontinued.
    https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/...ation_Services

Pam

Well that didn't last very long did it? I'll bet they were inundated. Ah well back to the old way.

Thanks Pam

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast