Who.is.gladys?

Thumbs up So that's who Gladys was

Yah!! Thought I would tell you I had solved the conundrum of my username.

My mothers reaction when I first started researching the Messenger's was 'Who is Gladys and what have you done with aunt Maud?' Hence my username.

I've finally discovered who Gladys was. Her birth certificate has arrived and confirmed she is, or rather would have been my mothers aunt. I had come across a birth record for 1914 that matched the ones of the aunts and uncle my mother knew her father had and fitted nicely into a gap between children. I instantly felt a connection and gut reaction told me she was related.

My mother refused to believe that another child could have existed and never be talked about. Yesterday, when I told her the address on the birth certificate, she was quite pale, she knew the house very well as Gladys' sister had lived there when my mother was growing up. Now she has offered to 'help' (fund) me investigate THREE other children that the 1911 census show as being born alive but which she knew nothing about.

The only thing left to do with Gladys now is await her death certificate, as she died in 1918 aged 3 then I can finally lay the her conundrum to rest. More likely with a sob than a tear, as Ive grown quite 'attached' to her.

Ooh and if you're wondering what I had done with aunt Maud ... she appears to have been my mothers great aunt, as I hadn't begun to look at that generation she did not show up on the initial 'rough' family tree I first produced.

Jan1954

That's great news and just shows... persistence pays off! Good luck with the others!

spison

It's wonderful to be able to dig and uncover something - especially for someone special.

Jane

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Well done, can't wait to learn about Aunt Maud now.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.