suew203

Default Hyperlinks not working after transfer to disc

Hello, I have been creating hyperlinks between documents in MSWord Starter 2010. I am using a HP with Windows 7 Home Premium and a 64-bit operating system, (I am not using any information in my documents from the internet) and I have been using Adobe Reader X. The problem I keep coming across is, when I want to transfer these files to disc in PDF to condense the files, the link does not work. Is there someone out there who can help me overcome this.
    Look forward to your replies
    Many thanks
    Sue

Mutley

I am no expert but I would think it is to do with the path. (The route from the document, to the folder, to whatever, to the drive)
    The hyperlink is saying follow this route but when the document is transferred to a CD the route will change.

You need to look at the field code (Alt-F9 I think) and possibly delete everything but the name of the document you wish the link to go to.

suew203

Thanks Mutley, I will try that. Your help is much appreciated.
    Sue

David Benson

As I understand it - a PDF file is an image file, a bit like a picture, with added functionality to allow you to zoom in and still get a good image. It would not be possible to click on a link in an image - I think that's why it won't work. I might be wrong - others may know better.

Mutley

When you convert a .doc to a .pdf you can still retain the hyperlinks to internet sites.
    I have not tried a hyperlink to other documents on a CD but I would think the principle is still the same.

You Tube can explain it far better than I can

https://www.
    youtube.com/watch?v=jo7LOrtSX3o&feature=related

There are several other videos that also may help.