Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by ttnut View Post
    I'm not sure who Mary Ann Gunter/Child is.
    I'm deviating once more, but her father is called Robert CHILD. That might help you track her down.
    For the full details of the marriage, you can view the image of the certificate on the pay/subscription site findmypast. This should work out to be a cheaper option than paying for a cert from the GRO. Note: she has been indexed as CHISEL rather than CHILD. There is also a baptism on the same site for a Mary Ann CHILDS with a father called Robert in 1853 at Ludchurch.

I suspect that her parents could be the Robert and Elizabeth in the 1861 census at St Issel --> But she doesn't appear to be with them (unless she is the 7 year old Martha.) Also, there is a Mary Childs in the 1861 census with a mother Elizabeth Powell (?) and I think this particular Mary is in Saundersfoot in 1871, working as a servant in a household. However, the birth date for this Mary is abt. 1851. Sigh!

Robert and Elizabeth Childs in 1861: RG9/4151; Folio: 92; Page: 37
    Mary Childs in 1861: RG9/4151; Folio: 105; Page: 6
    Mary Child in 1871: RG10/5511 Folio: 37 Page: 16

Interestingly this Robert has a grandson called James T CHILDS in the 1881 census with him. Oh Dear! I'll let you have a look. You can always start another thread on Mary Ann (linking back to this thread) if you want to explore this further and that will leave this thread clear for Elizabeth Jenkins. I won't mention her again on this thread.

ttnut

Hi Olliecat

Thanks very much, may well start a separate thread re Mary Ann, so far I have not found any connections between the Ludchurch Childs and the Saundersfoot/Begelly/Stepaside ones, but you never know. Thomas Childs did have a younger brother Robert who appears on various census with parents John and Martha and younger sister Margaret Elizabeth!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12