Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FredP

Default Thomas Partridge b 1816 Buckingham.

Is it possible that the Thomas Partridge b 1816 who was buried in Reynolds Cemetery, Venango County, Pennsylvania in 1881 could have been my g-grandfather's brother who lived in Buckingham with his parents William and Elizabeth (nee Drewitt) at least until May 1842 when a local paper reported that he sang a song at a gathering of the local Tradesmen's Provident Society?
    He was a tinsmith and glazier, and cannot be found in any UK record after that date. His father died in 1845, his younger brother John (my g-grandfather) in London in 1850, while his elder brother William lived in Aylesbury until his death in 1881. His mother emigrated to Texas in 1850 with his sister Martha and her husband Luke Ford and their family.
    The Thomas Partridge buried in 1881 appears to have arrived in French Creek, Pennsylvania sometime in the 1840s from Ohio, but this could have been merely a first stop after arrival from England.
    Any definite information, other sightings or alternative suggstions would be welcome.
    Thanks, FredP.

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

There are baptisms @ St.Peter & St.Paul, Buckingham.

10 Apr 1816 - Thomas son of William & Elizabeth PARTRIDGE, of Buckingham, Bookbinder.

2 Feb 1820 - John son of William & Elizabeth PARTRIDGE of Buckingham, Bookbinder.

25 Feb 1824 - Samuel son of William & Elizabeth PARTRIDGE of Buckingham, Bookbinder.

Burial - 27 May 1845 William PARTRIDGE aged 61 of Buckingham.

Steve.

Taken from BucksFHS - Buckingham Transcripts CD.

FredP

Thanks Steve.
    That is my g-g-uncle, but what happened to him after the family was dispersed?
    FredP.

1841 census. Living in Well Street, Buckingham. Bourtonhold, Hamlet of Buckingham.

William Partridge - 55. Occ. Bookbinder. (Not born in County)
    Elizabeth Partridge - 55 (n.b.i.c)
    Thomas Partridge -25, Occ. Tin man & Brazier.

I'l keep looking for more info.

Steve.

Nicolina

you could try searching for him at https://www.
    immigrantships.net/
    Last edited by Jan1954; 28-06-2012 at 3:15 PM. Reason: Url edited - they charge for membership of the Guild

Samuel Partridge appears to be living at The Court Yard, Northampton in 1841 census. Occ.Carpenter.

I'm having trouble finding anything else, apart from that.

Steve.

FredP

I am afraid that the Samuel Partridge found in the 1841 census at the Court Yard, (actually appears as Gas Street in my version) in Northampton All Saints, is more likely to be the Samuel born in Newport Pagnell who can be found as Carpenter in Hitchen in 1851 and at Bridge Street, Thrapston in 1861 and 1871 and elsewhere in Thrapston in 1881.
    I think my Samuel must have died before birth registration came in 1837.
    I am still looking for the absent Thomas who was definitely around in the early 1840s.
    There was, incidentally, an earlier John Partridge baptised at Buckingham 20 Mar 1814 who was buried 13 Mar 1815.
    Thanks for any further help, FredP.

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by FredP View Post
    Is it possible that the Thomas Partridge b 1816 who was buried in Reynolds Cemetery, Venango County, Pennsylvania in 1881 could have been my g-grandfather's brother
    Is he this one on Findagrave? :

https://www.
    findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GScid=2254277&GRid=41805110&

The contributor quotes the 1870 census, giving Thomas' birthplace as Ohio. You can see the original image on FamilySearch here.

To confuse matters, though, what looks like the same man in 1850 is shown as born in Pennsylvania: see this FamilySearch image.

FredP

Thanks Coromandel, but I got my information about the burial from Findagrave. I contacted the contributor but she only had the info available from the graveyard.
    I saw the 1870 census entry in Familysearch, but assume such entries are as liable to error or mis-interpretation as UK ones.
    I'll keep looking, fredP.

Nicolina

the 1880 Census shows
    Tenth Avenue, East Side, Philadelphia
    Thomas PARTRIDGE aged 62, a Baker, born Pennsylvania. Father born England, mother born Pennsylvania
    Eliza PARTRIDGE aged 65, Keeping house, born Pennsylvania. Father & Mother born Baden (possibly Baden Baden)

on next page:

Sue Partridge b. abt. 1853 aged 27 New Jersey, United States Daughter
    Thos. L. Partridge b. abt. 1849 aged 31 Pennsylvania, United States Son
    John B. Partridge b. abt. 1855 aged 25 Pennsylvania, United States Son

P.S. I have downloaded the first page if you are interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast