Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Mad or obsessed?

Having traced as much of my father's direct line as I can (though a few details remain to be found) I find myself embarking on tracing all the side shoots. This seems to be born out of a) boredom b) curiosity concerning what happened to all those lines that I used to get confused with my main line c) out and out obsession. Has anyone else done this or am I just a sad git who doesn't know when to quit

LittleSpark

You're not the only one - I too have done the 'side-shoots' when I've come to a standstill on the direct lines and found some fascinating facts about other members of the families.
    So yes, I'm also a sad git who doesn't know when to quit.....we can't be the only ones can we?

Sheila

no we are not sad.......tracing family never stops ......sideshoots are still family and often help to find the direct line you havent before found.....
    I have even started on my childrens husbands & wives!! for the grandchildren of course!!!!!!!!
    happy searching sandie

Thomasin

No, you are not the only ones. Sideshoots and wrong turnings always seem to be more interesting than the right branches, but I am grateful to sandiep for a jolly good excuse for exploring them -

Quote Originally Posted by sandiep View Post
    sideshoots ........ often help to find the direct line you havent before found

JenniLl

Wink

Who needs an excuse?!

Jenni

Thomasin

Nobody! Perhaps justification would be a better word!

Jan1954

In one branch of my family, the side-shoots started growing back into the main trunk! 'Twas like trying to knit fog and I ended up undertaking quite a little study of one particular village.

I have now realised that I am related to most of the people still living there, one way or another!

Hoo! That sounds like my wife's family. She always dreaded doing her family tree at school as she could never remember all the different connections.

terrysfamily

I had this given to me by Jan1954. I think it's time to pass it on

Although, I could be here all night at this rate.

Coromandel

It's an incurable disease, I'm afraid, Zen. In extreme cases, sufferers don't even restrict themselves to their own family trees, but will tackle anybody's family tree to feed their addiction.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast