Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An***try querie

terrysfamily

Default An***try querie

I want to contact someone on An***try.

I've found that buying payg creditds doesn't give that option. (where's the cat, I need to kick something) (It's ok no animals were harmed in the writing of this message)

If I sigh up for the 14 day free trial will it then let me contact the said person?

Which would I have to use, the Essentials or the premium?

Help please

Terry

Knowledgeable and helpful

dont know answer to your question but if you PM me with name of person you want to contact and your email I will pass a message on

sandie

terrysfamily

Thank you very much for your kind offer Sandie. Another member has offered to do it for me just 5 mins ago, so have sent them all the info.

That was very kind and thoughtful of you. Thank you again

Terry

mfwebb

I have a paid subscription to A******Y and I have contacted several people who appear to have my ancestsors in their tree. Only 1 person has ever responded and exchanged information. The others have completely ignored my e-mails. My conclusions (admittedly based on a relatively small sample) are that genuine researchers will be only too happy to exchange information. The so-called "name harvesters" appear to be unconcerned that their information might be incorrect and can't be bothered to correct it -- they are too busy collecting more names.

A******Y is good for research but I would never put my tree up there. A better bet for me is G**** R*******. I have had some very good contacts through GR and exchanged lots of information and almost everyone that I have contacted has responded. I have a minimum subscription to GR which allows me to post my tree privately and to contact people, but doesn't allow me to to search records.

PS. To answer your query, I think any level of subscription to A******Y will allow you to contact other members, but I'm not sure if that would apply to the free trial period, although I can't see why not. If you do sign up, go for the cheapest -- you can always upgrade later if your chosen subscription proves inadequate.

All the best,

Malcolm Webb
    Lincoln UK.
    Last edited by mfwebb; 23-06-2012 at 8:41 AM. Reason: Answer to query

terrysfamily

I have had emails sent to 2 people on An***try on my behalf by a very generous BG member.

I'm told that one of them seems only to only have GRO refs to back up their records but their last visit was yesterday. The other one has family photo's so is more likely to be better informed about the family and is therefore the more prefered contact but hasn't visited in 3 months.

I'm not holding my breath for a reply but one nevr knows.

Terry

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Terry, some people (God bless them) have a life apart from Ancestry,where they visit when time or info permits. Even so, they are probably harrassed by trembly leaves telling them of others with same Family lineage(or NOT).

I've had replies some time after initial email as they were on Holiday or had let their sub lapse. OR maybe they wanted to check me out first?

Some people don't put all info on Ancestry that they have in their personal software files, having learned from earlier mistakes when others grab info & photos for lines which are in fact not connected.

Keep the faith Lad, something to look forward to.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

terrysfamily

Woo hoo hooo hoo hooooooo Wendy. I've just had a reply from my prefered contact. That was quick. The contact has sent me a picture of the family member but..... I knew him when he was about 40 years older. I will have to show my dad as he would have known him back then.

Terry

bamagirl

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Even so, they are probably harrassed by trembly leaves ...
    Ah, mental imagery! Love it!

-Barb

terrysfamily

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Terry, some people (God bless them) have a life apart from Ancestry
    What!!!! Awww the government should set up a program to get them help. I'm so, so sorry I didn't know.

Jan1954

For you to print, cut out and keep, Terry:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast