Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hadlands

Libby Weiss

Hi Kath,

thank you for your help re the Hadlands family and for your information which is the family I am looking for. I am wondering if any one else is reseraching the Hadlands as it is always helpful when there is more than one person. However i am most appreciative of your help. Elisabeth

Libby Weiss

Thank you Kath and the above is the Hadland family who lived in Ararat Victoria. Elisabeth

Libby Weiss

Thank you Kath once again for this detailed info can you tell me GRO stands for is it ................ Registry Office and I am wondering if you can tell me how to find an address. Don't suppose you know the cost or how one pays as I am still new to a lot of research skills and my computer skills are improving along the way. Thanks soooooooooo much Libby

Sorry I can't help much with the GRO information as I am in New Zealand. As far as I know it stands for General Register Office. To order a certificate I am sure one of the experienced researchers on the site will be able to tell you what to do.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Weiss View Post
    can you tell me GRO stands for is it ................ Registry Office and I am wondering if you can tell me how to find an address. Don't suppose you know the cost or how one pays
    Hi Libby,

Jan gave you the link to the GRO (General Register Office) in post #4. This is what she posted...

Quote Originally Posted by Jan1954 View Post
    The marriage certificate can be ordered from the GRO. The references are:
    March quarter 1848, Richmond S registration district, volume 4, page 379: John HADLAND and Caroline Amelia BASSETT are both on that page.
    If you want to order online then you will need to register with the GRO and you will also need a credit or debit card in order to pay for the certificate. The cost of a certificate (for a standard service) is currently £9.25.

To register, follow the link provided by Jan and then click on the 'Register / Login' link in the top-right side menu.

Once you have registered and you have logged in, find the certificate ordering page, select marriage, enter the year of the marriage and say YES to the question - Do you have the GRO Index Reference Number?
    Click the submit button and after you have confirmed your details, a form will appear on which you can enter the specifics of the marriage --> names, year, quarter, district, volume, page. Make sure you enter the information exactly as provided by Jan.

After that it's pretty straightforward. The GRO also has a Most customers want to know page, which you may find helpful. If you would prefer to order by post rather than online, see the bottom of their Contact Us page.

Libby Weiss

Hi Ollicat,
    Thank you ever so much for your detailed information so I can order the appropriate certificate. As I am learning more and more along with computer skills I hope one day I acn help my networking group which is growing as more of us become interested in our family history. With sincere appreciation Yours sincerely Elisabeth

Libby Weiss

Hi Jan,
    Thank you ever so much for your help and I will endaevour to follow this up. I most sincerely appreciate your help with my research.
    Yours Respectfully Elisabeth

Libby Weiss

Hi Kath,
    have received further info to say that John actually married Lucy and Caroline but forgot to get divorced first so he was charged.
    just thought you may like to know and thank you for all your help.
    Elisabeth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12