Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Colin Rowledge

Default Frances Wright 1736- 1814

This lady is my 5X Gt-Grandmother. She was baptised on November 7, 1736 - the daughter of John and Mary Wright. She had 3 older siblings. Her 1st sibling was baptised October 2, 1726 - parents John and Mary. All baptisms were in Churchover. This has led me to belivee that the 4 are/were born of the same parents.

But what was Mary's maiden name? Several trees on A. have her as Mary Haycock, but this appears to be a lot of 'cock'. Their Mary Haycock is supposedly born Lincolnshire, in 1720!!!

So who did John Wright marry prior to 1726?

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post

So who did John Wright marry prior to 1726?

Colin
    I won't prejudge the couple, but for the purpose of exercise, I will assume only one person between 1726 and 1736 was his wife and that they married prior to 1726.

That leads to one person - Mary Simmons - who married John Wright on October 24, 1725. They married in Kingsbury, Warwickshire.

Other marraiges of a John Wright do include one to a Mary Haycock - but this occurred in Coventry on December 3, 1729.

Thoughts on this, please.

Colin

Colin Rowledge

That leads to one person - Mary Simmons - who married John Wright on October 24, 1725. They married in Kingsbury, Warwickshire.

Other marraiges of a John Wright do include one to a Mary Haycock - but this occurred in Coventry on December 3, 1729.

Thoughts on this, please.

Colin
    One further piece - Mary's spouse could well be the John Wright - son of Thomas and Mary - who was baptised May 29, 1704 in Kingsbury. Am I adding 2+2 and coming up with an answer I want? How close was Kingsbury to Churchover?

Colin

Jan1954

How close was Kingsbury to Churchover?
    According to the AA Route Planner, about 29 miles.

pippycat

About 28 miles Colin.

- or split the difference between AA and Google = 28 1/2 miles!
    Last edited by pippycat; 04-06-2012 at 7:15 PM. Reason: added

Colin Rowledge

Thanks ladies - looks a little too far away to push a 'chariot'.

So do I 'write off' this couple?

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Thanks ladies - looks a little too far away to push a 'chariot'.

So do I 'write off' this couple?

Colin
    During the past 3.5 years I have found one more possible marriage - Mary Hancock in Meriden which is roughly 25-26 miles from Churchover. As this marriage took place 12 Oct. 1726 which was 2 months after the baptism of Frances, I think it unlikely to be Mary Hancock as his spouse - so am left with Mary Simmons.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Have you discounted Sarah baptised 10 Feb 1722 d/o John & Mary of Churchover?

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Have you discounted Sarah baptised 10 Feb 1722 d/o John & Mary of Churchover?
    I have not discounted it because I haven't seen any Churchover baptism in the 1720's and 30's on FMP All I really know for sure is that Frances Wright the daughter of of John and Mary is my 5X ggm.

So if there is a sibling for this Sarah named Frances then it may be worth pursuing.

southistle

Two more marriages to consider - both in Northamptonshire but groom's residence is closer than the marriages found

John WRIGHT of Southam to Mary BAILY of Southam 19 Apr 1715 at Staverton
    John WRIGHT of Napton to Mary BROOKS of Charwelton 13 Nov 1725 at Fawsley

It would be a good idea to look in Leicestershire too. Churchover is only about half a mile into Warwickshire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast