davidb0745

Default South Australian BDM On-line Indexes

Hi All

The South Australian Genealogy & Heraldry Society has recently up-graded their website (GenealogySA) and now includes indexes to the South Australian Births Deaths and Marriages which previously had no on-line presence due to restrictions applied by the South Australian Government. Also they are continually up-grading their Cemetery Indexes and Newspaper Births and Deaths Notices. Access to more detailed information is via a fee payable transcription service.

The website is www.
    genealogysa.org.au/

Hope that this is of some help

David
    South Australia

Philippa_Harvey

David, that is great news.

Combined with the fact that SAGS is allowed to provide (oh so reasonably priced) transcripts of "historical" births, deaths and marriages, this is going to make research so much easier.

I've been neglecting my SA families because of the difficulties in accessing records, but now I'll go off to try again. I much prefer to do it myself even though so many people are so generous with their time and effort on behalf of others.

Thank you heaps for letting us know.

In the last couple of months I've been sorely tempted to throw in the towel and give genealogy away, but when things like this come about I realise it would probably be a rather silly thing to do. This is a much needed incentive to keep going.

Philippa

Procat

Thanks David,

Added to the Australian BMD page.

davidb0745

Glad that the message has had a positive effect.