Default Just to say "Hello".

I have been researching my family name (Studerus) for some years. I started with the knowledge that my paternal great-grandfather was Swiss and had thought that he was the only Studerus family member to reside in the UK. However, through a lucky hit on the inernet, managed to locate his batism details in Switzerland. Through a Swiss amateur genealogist I was able to confirm that I had located the right family and, to cut a long story short, eventually in 2010 my wife and I found ourselves standing in the church in Switzerland in which my great-grandfather was christened. I have also added to my records the details of his family which go back to my Swiss great-great-grandfather - a very emotional moment. Two of my grand-father's brothers also came to UK, and I have traced all the immediate decendants that lived in London. My research now takes me into trying to trace the living decendants - one of which I have found living in Christchurch, New Zealand. Each turning on this long journey not only reveals many answers but also brings more questions. Upward and onward !!

Jan1954

Hello Geoff - welcome to Brit-Gen

What an interesting surname to be researching! Have a good look round and post your queries on the relevant boards, but please remember that details of living (or potentially living) people are not allowed on the forum. Have a look at the Terms of Service first and then start asking those questions!

Thanks, Jan1954, I understand. But it would be of enourmous benefit to make contact with others who have a link through ancestors to my family forbears.