Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Colin Rowledge

Default Trying to trace 2 SOLICITORS.

My Grandmother died in Australia. Her husband moved back to England and died in 1977. Each of his Solicitors received personal bequests for services rendered upon his death in 1977.

Their names wre:
    Raymonfd Ballam and
    Lewis Comben.

Can anyone tell me if they're still alive and/or the name of the firm they worked for? If still in business, a contact address for today would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Colin

Try the Law Society web site, they lists solicitors and firm's contact details.
    Good luck

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Wilson View Post
    Try the Law Society web site, they lists solicitors and firm's contact details.
    Good luck
    I did as you suggested Neil and got their web-site. Formatted an email and upon trying to send, was informed my email address was invalid - presumably they only recognize UK emails

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    I did as you suggested Neil and got their web-site. Formatted an email and upon trying to send, was informed my email address was invalid - presumably they only recognize UK emails

Colin
    Colin
    Did you use their contact form, it has a drop down for which country you are in?
    Apart from that, it would have to be via post.

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Wilson View Post
    Colin
    Did you use their contact form, it has a drop down for which country you are in?
    Apart from that, it would have to be via post.
    Yes I used their contact form and noted I was in Canada..

Oh well, so much for technology, eh?

Colin

Colin Rowledge

The firm was in business in Weymoth, Dorset in 1977

The address was 22 The Esplanade.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Here they are in the London Gazette in 1995, still in Dorset - last notice on the page, note spelling of names:

https://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issu...21/pages/10772

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleE View Post
    Here they are in the London Gazette in 1995, still in Dorset - last notice on the page, note spelling of names:

https://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issu...21/pages/10772
    Thanks Adele. The names seem to fit the profile of the firm that handled the Estate back in 1977. If it is them, would the new firm still be responsible for items [i.e Letters and Personal Papers] that the previous firm held?

Colin

Colin Rowledge

When the Solicitor cannot contact the beneficiary, after the person who has the riight to live in a property under the terms of of Will dies, what is the responsibilitory of the Solicitor:
    1]Sell the property then
    or
    2]Use the funds that would have gone to the beneficiary to maintain the property as a whole

Thanks

Colin Rowledge

When the Solicitor cannot contact the beneficiary, after the person who has the riight to live in a property under the terms of of Will dies, what is the responsibilitory of the Solicitor:
    1]Sell the property then
    or
    2]Use the funds that would have gone to the beneficiary to maintain the property as a whole

If the latter, then the way the markets have gone over the kast 30+ years, then, on the assumption that the 1st option was used, are there options available to recover lost profits? I realoze that the solicitor is responsible for retaining the assets of the estate in a viable and marketable scenario. This is just a general question since no-one has a cystal ball.

Thanks

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast