Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Josephine Clark

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello Hanne

Thank you for your reply, I am sure there is an answer to thisa out there, well somewhere!!!

A month's difference on the marriage date does not make a material difference to the search.

Does the death certificate of Josephine carry her date of birth. I would expect the person registering it would have known that.

The use of the name WILKIE must play a part in this somewhere.

You are / were aware of the existence of Joseph born prior too the 1940 marriage, who cared for him and was there any birth family? PM if you prefer

Jx

HaSimensen

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Hello Hanne

Thank you for your reply, I am sure there is an answer to thisa out there, well somewhere!!!

A month's difference on the marriage date does not make a material difference to the search.

Does the death certificate of Josephine carry her date of birth. I would expect the person registering it would have known that.

The use of the name WILKIE must play a part in this somewhere.

You are / were aware of the existence of Joseph born prior too the 1940 marriage, who cared for him and was there any birth family? PM if you prefer

Jx
    Sending you a PM!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Just replied

Jx

Wilkes_ml

I think Clark otherwise Wilkie could suggest that Josephine may have been born out of wedlock (i.e. illegitimate) her mother's maiden name may have been Clark, but her mother may have married a WILKIE after Josephine's birth. The other scenario is that Josephine was born legitimately to Mr & Mrs CLARK, but her father died, mother remarrying to a Mr. WILKIE who was Josephine's step father.

There appears to be only 17 WILKIE/CLARK(E) marriages, but this number is greatly increased if you include name variations such as WILKS/WILKES/WILKIES

Wilkes_ml

Also, the age on her marriage certificate could be out a bit (not everyone was truthful about their age). I found a Josephine WILKIE born Dec quarter 1920 Tynemouth registration district Ref 10b 440. Mother's maiden name Myers.

edited to add that if her mother was widowed, then Josephine's birth would be registered under her mother's surname i.e. WILKIE, even though her father was Joseph CLARK, but her birth certificate may not name her father (just a blank if she was born illegitimately)

HaSimensen

Thanks for the help, everyone! :-)

I managed to find Josephines date of birth: 22.08.1941

HaSimensen

Edit: Date of birth on Josepine Clark is offcourse 22.08.1921

After spending much time hunting for Josephine I've had no luck, I've tried all the tricks I know but cannot find a birth with mother's maiden name to fit with Josephine, June and May. Nor can I find a suitable birth to match with a father Joseph Clark.

My conclusion is either Josephine told an untruth at marriage and didn't have a father named Joseph, maybe she was born illegitimate, or her mother was married more than once and May and/or June had different surnames to Josephine's. Or, her father was Joseph Clark but her parents weren't married.

One thought, have you tried searching for a birth in Scotland?

Wilkes_ml

Quote Originally Posted by HaSimensen View Post
    Edit: Date of birth on Josepine Clark is offcourse 22.08.1921

Where did her date of birth come from? If it was a death certificate, then it could be wrong as information on death certificates is given by someone else who may not know the correct details, or may just take a guess, especially if they are not close family members.

Death entries may also be

HaSimensen

To get Josephines birthdate I had to contact the church in wich she had her burial ceremony. They had digitalized the death entries from the churchbooks and was able to help me find it.

I can't confirm that its 100% correct, offcourse.

But one little detail of curiosa is that the birthdate of Josephine, and the marriagedate of Josephine and Finn is the same, aside from the year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast