Brick wall demolition expert!

Default A Salutory Lesson

I thought that I would share this experience so that others can hopefully can learn by my mistake.

I recently applied for a death certificate - Benjamin Williams 1872 Qtr Oct Haverfordwest Vol 11a Page 609 age 89.

When it arrived it was for 28 April 1872 and Benjamin Williams Haverfordwest aged 17.

My first reaction was I must have got one of the references wrong - and I was right - not the year, not the volume, not the page number but the quarter.

I spoke to the GRO about this, and basically was told that although the page number did not match the April quarter entry they work on the assumption that error was in the page number not the quarter. The entry for the certificate I received is Vol 11a Page 538.

So moral of the story is double check and then triple check every bit of information.

Thomasin

How galling - but surely they should have checked with you?

Sandra Parker

Certainly so easy to do. especially when ordering on line. Hopefully the certificate you got is related, so not a complete waste of money.
    Sandra

Brick wall demolition expert!

Not at all - a total waste *******!!!!!!

Matty

I am doing research on Roberts Family,could we be related?

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post

I thought that I would share this experience so that others can hopefully can learn by my mistake.

So moral of the story is double check and then triple check every bit of information.
    I had a similar experience, but in my case I got what I wanted - but took a few extra days. Ordered a marriage certificate for a chap - entered all the information needed but only used the groom's name - Douglas Leonard Lock.

I left out the 'U' in his given name, but as you said - no contact from GRO was received - so I could have lost my money.

Colin