Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHITMORE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gaelwyn

Default WHITMORE

Hi all,

I have Cecil Frederick Richard WHITMORE who was born 1715/1883 Sydney: parents Frederick and Mary

Marriage 1931/001994 in Newcastle : parents Frederick Richard Whitmore and ___ Harris.

There is a death 29810/1952 in Five Dock : parents Frederick and _____

I found a marriage for Frederick "G" Whitmore and Mary Harris.....2254/1888 in Ashfield

There are a couple of Cecil Whitmores....one died 13738/1944 but father William

My Cecil had a son Cecil (1909-1911) to a Muriel.....?

Can anyone help sort out the mess??

lawsue

Hi Gaelwyn,
    Try marriage of Cecil F Whitmore to Florence M Fraser at Petersham 5119/1906
    and birth of Cecil G Whitmore to Cecil FR Whitmore and Muriel FL Paddington 40237/1909.
    Maybe Muriel and Florence are the same person...Just a thought as I have lots of those that used one or the other name.
    Sue

Coromandel

It is the Cecil who died in 1944 who is shown as Cecil Frederick R. Whitmore. If this looks more likely to be your Cecil perhaps you need to get the death certificate?

To complicate matters it looks like there may have been two Fred(erick) Whitmore/Mary marriages:

Fred R. Whitmore married Mary Thompson, Sydney, 1882
    AND
    Frederick G. Whitmore married Mary J. Harris, Ashfield, 1888

P.S. some of the complications of Cecil F.R.'s family life are discussed on another forum:

https://www.
    forum.familyhistory.uk.com/showthread.php?t=21197

gaelwyn

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    It is the Cecil who died in 1944 who is shown as Cecil Frederick R. Whitmore. If this looks more likely to be your Cecil perhaps you need to get the death certificate?

To complicate matters it looks like there may have been two Fred(erick) Whitmore/Mary marriages:

Fred R. Whitmore married Mary Thompson, Sydney, 1882
    AND
    Frederick G. Whitmore married Mary J. Harris, Ashfield, 1888

P.S. some of the complications of Cecil F.R.'s family life are discussed on another forum:

https://www.
    forum.familyhistory.uk.com/showthread.php?t=21197
    Yes, it's been tossed around before. Looking for new perspectives!!

I have the marriage certificate for Cecil Frederick Richard Whitmore and Hannah Louisa Evans. Definitely has parents names as Frederick Richard Whitmore and 'blank' Harris. Says his age was 40yrs, but should have been 48yrs.
    Mary is the puzzle....the Fred R marriage to Mary Thompson makes sense, but where does the name Harris fit in???

lawsue

Hi Gaelwyn, Forget all that. Fred R Whitmore married Mary Thompson 885/1882 Sydney The rest... I see what you mean. How confusing.
    Sue

gaelwyn

Quote Originally Posted by lawsue View Post
    Hi Gaelwyn, Forget all that. Fred R Whitmore married Mary Thompson 885/1882 Sydney The rest... I see what you mean. How confusing.
    Sue
    I know....all the names look mixed around.

Looks like I'll have to purchase more certificates. Send the bill to the ex. hubby, hahahaha

lawsue

Hi Sue again,
    I guess you have been doing this longer than me, but do you use a transcription agent ? You can get basic info for about $9 and total transcription for $18...I know one down here if you want her contact.

Sue

gaelwyn

Hi Sue again,
    I guess you have been doing this longer than me, but do you use a transcription agent ? You can get basic info for about $9 and total transcription for $18...I know one down here if you want her contact.

Sue
    Hi Sue,

I've only been researching for a few years. Never got far until I discovered the two forums that I recently joined. Never knew about Transcript agents until recently, just purchased certificates from NSW BDM. Thank you, I'd love to get into contact with her.

Everyone has been so helpful and I've discovered so much with everyones kind help :-)

Cheers
    Gail

gaelwyn

Sue
    Talk about confusing!!!!
    Just had another look at certificate in the light of day....was only concentrating on the mothers name of HARRIS!!!

Witnesses names : H.G THOMPSON and T. THOMPSON........OMG.....the plot thickens, hahaha

Don't know why I missed that, oops

gaelwyn

UPDATE!!

Been checking out NSW BDM and found out some details

birth: 2970/1886 FRASER Florence M parents Archibald and Catherine

death: 180/1907 WHITMORE Florence M parents Archibald and Catherine

birth: 322/1907 WHITMORE Lilian M parents Cecil F and Florence M

Looks like Florence passed away after Lilian's birth. Cecil had another child to Muriel Smith in 1909, then married Hannah Evans nee Mulack in 1931.

Still mulling over the confusion about his mother....can't find a death for Mary Thompson between 1882 and subsequent marriage to Mary Harris in 1888. The Thompsons as Cecil's witnesses must be relatives????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast