Loves to help with queries

Default Christ Church Harpurhey.

It will be some time before i can get over to the Records Office in Manchester , i am hoping someone could check out 2 marriage records for me at Christ church Harpurhey ?
    1. Dorothy Carter to Walter Tideswell in 1934 and 2. Margaret Carter to Henry Doberstein in 1949 .the father was James Carter and he died in 1939 , the family also lived in Harpurhey .
    I can find no records at all under the name of Doberstein ,can anyone help ?
    Thanks

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by colwyn View Post
    I can find no records at all under the name of Doberstein ,can anyone help ?
    FreeBMD has the marriage in the December quarter of 1949, volume 10e, page 183. However, it is recorded as being in the Manchester registration district and is in italics, which usually means that there is some sort of doubt. I followed through to read the page itself and the reference is correct. Margaret CARTER and Henry DOBERSTEIN.

Loves to help with queries

Hi Jan1954.
    I also saw the details on freebmd ,what I am hoping to establish is whether this Margaret Carter born 1911 and sister Dorothy born 1902 are my relatives. Thanks for your help