Hi,

I have been trying to find a will for a Thomas Meyricke of Ludlow and London who appears to have died between 1798 and 1813. He was executor and beneficiary of his brother Edward's will in 1798 ( as well as his father Robert's in 1756 and his brother John's in 1785) but he is not mentioned in the wills of his sisters, Judith and Sage, in 1813. I have tried the National Archives Documents Online as well as the Archives for Wales and Shropshire but have found nothing. As he was 68 by 1798 and should have considered making a will, I am wondering what happened at this time if a person of property died without a will?

I am interested in finding out whether he had any children listed in his own will. While the wills of his brothers and sisters mention the names of a number of nieces and nephews, there is no mention of any children of Thomas's. A number of online trees and practically every tree on Ancestry has Thomas as my g g g g grandfather's father; I have my doubts - not least because his supposed son and grandsons were agricultural labourers in Worcestershire.

I will be most grateful for any suggestions.
Anne