Allanah

Default What Happened to Christopher ? Help Please.

Christopher Adolphus Griffin born 1900 London. Parents Thomas Griffin & Ellen Harriet Keeler.

Christopher sailed from London to Canada on the Scandinavia 1922 Stating he was a Farmer.

left from his parents home. Arrived in New Brunswick Canada, going to his Brother in Law.
    It appears on his Ocean arrival records in the margin that he was deported in Oct 1922. If anyone can tell me why he was deported that would be a bonus.

He returned to the UK (not sure when as I can't see him on the incoming records.)

In July 1925 he left his parents home once again to travel to Argentina stating he was a farmer.
    In Dec 1925 he left Buenos Airies for New York, arriving 31 Dec Dec 1925. Of course the Ellis Island Records only go to 1925 so I can't find him.

I have searched all the USA records and haven't found a trace of him there, no marriage but one possible death in 1960 in Texas.???
    He may have gone back to Argentina but I don't have a clue on how to search for records there.

Any & all help is greatly appreciated

Thanks-Allanah

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Several Family trees on Ancestry,no-one seems to know more than yourself, & a Lady on Genes Reunited have this name.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Allanah

Thanks Waitabit
    There are only 3 trees on Ancestry & the Griffin one is mine with 9 souces, the other 2 don't have the same info or have a death for him. I tried to contact Genes months ago with no response.

Does your reply mean that the site can't help me ??

Allanah

Not necessarily Allanah, I mentioned those trees only in case you were not aware & may find out something from them right away.
    so many peoplp\e pop into the Forum here & a challenge usually sets them searching.

So often answers come from completely unexpected quarters when you are least expecting them.
    Keep the faith up.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

Allanah

Thanks again, I will do as you say and "Keep the faith up" I have been searching for this man for the past two years and can't get any further, this being the reason I asked for help.

Thanks-Allanah

Allanah, re your query about deportation, have a read of this doc. He may have changed his name minimally or wholly if he had a few problems.

https://www.
    articlesbase.com/law-articles/deportation-and-removal-in-canada-879501.html
    Happy Families
    Wendy

Allanah

Thanks for the link. I don't think he changed his name. When he left Buenos Airies on the 7 Dec 1925 his passenger record shows. Canadian Government Return. Christopher is listed as a Canadian. Born 1900 London. From there he went to New York arriving on the 31 Dec 1925. Occupation Cattleman. He listed he was going to a friend Irving Tow, Toronto Canada.

Allanah