Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James HAGGAR

peterhagger

Default James Hagger

Hi Gail

My name is Peter Hagger and I am the co-ordinator of the Hagger One Name Study covering Haggar, Hagger, Hagar and Hager names.

Unfortunately Great Chesterford registers are not yet available on line and it requires a visit to the local Records Office in Chelmsford, something I intend to do. at the moment the only possibility I can find in the 1841 census is a James & Martha with probably children John & Thomas. James & Martha are both aged 60 and James is shown as not being born in Essex.

Please feel free to contact me directly at peter(AT)hagger.org, see
    https://www.
    hagger.info

Regards

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by gaelwyn View Post
    Hi all,

I'm looking the parents of James Haggar, James and Martha

What I know - James Haggar born 1818 in Great Chesterford, Essex and died 1902 in Bombala, NSW
    Arrived in Australia on the 'Anglo Saxon' on 25 Oct 1854 with family

He married Mary Cewel in Dec 1839 in Great Chesterford, Essex. She was born 1816 in Debden, Essex and died 1894 in Bombala
    Her parents were William and Sarah. Can you find them as well?

Gail

jmd1908

Hi Gail, I am a descendant of James and Martha. I can search my records and pass on what I find if you like.

Jo

peterhagger

Default James Hagger

HI

Yes James was baptised at Great Chesterford in 1819 to James & Martha. I believe he probably had 5 siblings from 1810 to 1824.

James and Martha Beckerby or Beckway married at Great Chesterfod in 1805 or 1806. I believe Mary James wife was Cowel.

In 1841 I think James nad Mary were living in Little Chesterfod with a six month old son William

Peter Hagger

gaelwyn

Thanks,
    I'd appreciate any info you could give me

Gail

gaelwyn

Quote Originally Posted by peterhagger View Post
    HI

Yes James was baptised at Great Chesterford in 1819 to James & Martha. I believe he probably had 5 siblings from 1810 to 1824.

James and Martha Beckerby or Beckway married at Great Chesterfod in 1805 or 1806. I believe Mary James wife was Cowel.

In 1841 I think James nad Mary were living in Little Chesterfod with a six month old son William

Peter Hagger
    Thanks for the update Peter.

I also think that Mary's surname was COWELL/ COWEL and not CEWEL as someone had transcribed.
    I'll check out the info you gave me

Gail

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12