Thread: Lois

lakastner

Default Lois

New to this site--please bear with me!
    Interested in following:
    1. Stewart--Glasgow (I realize the name is common!) My grt-grt grandfather was "Champion Boxer of Scotland--name "Jem"Stewart. Married (22 Dec 1865 Blythswood, Glasgow) Sarah McLay. Jem had brother named William who emigrated to Australia, died there, date unknown and never married. Jem was possibly a twin to a sister.
    Jem and Sarah had--so far what I have found--total six kids: William b 24 Nov 1866(Glasgow), David b 15 Dec 1874(Dundee), Robert b 6 Jun 1868 (Glasgow), John b 11 Feb 1873 (Calton, Glasgow), Ann married William Paxton Orr (Wm born Singapore/Straits Settlement, poss India-family were military people--I think Highland Light Infantry--William and Ann eventually emigrated to America), and last son James b 11 Dec 1870 married Katherine McDonald Hanton. Looking for info on the children of Jem and Sarah and descendants. Have only found one son marrying at this point--David married (25 Aug 1862 Calton, Glasgow)to Williamina Brown. David and "Mina" had two kids: James b 30 July 1863 Glasgow and dtr Mary Ferguson Stewart b 30 July 1865 Glasgow.

Familysearch.org research: can only find dates of birth for children of Jem and Sarah. And the small bit of info on David Stewart and wife. Rest of the children--can't find anything. I have more info on Ann Stewart and husband William P Orr. I have a bit more info on Jem and Sarah and their one son (my grt grandfather--also named James). So can furnish a few more clues; didn't want to put it all down here.

If any of this rings a bell with anyone, please contact me at this email address--
    lakastner AT usa DOT net

Thank you so much for any assistance.
    Lois Kastner
    20 March 2012
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 20-03-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Disguised email address to deter spammers