steveh37

Unhappy Family Tree Maker 2011 Date Problem

Hi All

Have just purchased 2011 FTM for £29.99 and get 6 months membership to A------y worth (£113.00), good buy I thought. Trouble is that I have 4 Trees on A------y so I decided to download the smallest of my trees to the new FTM 2011 on my PC. Everything was fine until I opened it up last night to do some work on it and low and behold there was a list of all my entry's from that tree which had a custom date attached that worked fine on A------y. e.g. If someone in my tree's birth was registered in the 1 quarter of the year I simple wrote it as Q1 1856 and the place in which it accured and attached the page in the records as evidence (if I didn't know the exact birth date, Marriage, or death date). This has worked well for the past 6 years on A-----y without any problems, but when i copied the file to my pc it's thrown up a list of all the dates with my custom date on them. Error message ...Unrecognized date for the Birth fact: March 1849 I had entered Q1 1849 as his birth date on A------y which went in fine but I have tried to edit in ftm 2011 but to no effect, as anyone else had this problem I have 187 of these errors in the same tree. Can anyone suggest anything or will I have to alter all the custom dates in my tree and then copy them over again

David Benson

I think you have to enter "BET Jan - Mar" or Abt. for about - I think it's in the instructions somewhere.

LittleSpark

Family Tree Maker doesn't recognise the word "Qtr"
    I normally enter Jan-Mar 1850 and ftm prints it out as 'between Jan - Mar 1850'.
    You could just enter the year on the family page for each person and in the 'notes' you can put which quarter and the year.

Sheila

steveh37

Thanks to both of you for your input, think I'll get in touch with Ftm and axxxxxxy and see what they have to say. I'll let you know in about 6 weeks when they should have replied by then will