Hlomos

Default 17th Lancers Crimean war

Hello. I,m trying to find out where Ellen Banks was born. Birth date 1853c. Her father was in the 17th lancers. I think, through family word of mouth that she was born in Hulme barracks in Manchester/Salford. I can find no records of this. It seems that the 17th were also housed at the New Aldershot barracks. I,ve tried various Military sources but to no avail. Is there anyone out there who can help me? Please.
    Charlie

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Hlomos, and welcome to the forums

I've moved your thread from the Brit-Gen News forum to a more appropriate forum.

Have you found Ellen BANKS in a census with a place of birth? If so, please post all the details, as this will make it easier for members to help you.

Hlomos

Hello Kerrywood. Thank you for that. Which forum have you moved it to?
    I have no details of Ellens birth. My belief is that she was born in Hulme barracks but I can find nothing to confirm or disprove this. I believe that her father John, Jack or Joseph was in the fanous charge but can't find a John in any records.

Charlie

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Hlomos View Post
    Which forum have you moved it to?
    This is the General Family History Queries forum (shown at the top and bottom of the page).

Quote Originally Posted by Hlomos View Post
    I have no details of Ellens birth.
    Can you tell us what your starting-point for Ellen is? How does she fit into your family history?