Thread: HOWE

berval

Smile HOWE

I am researching HOWE and Jones, my mother was a Jones, her mother was a Robinson, they were from Liverpool Lancashire. I do have some info I know my dads mother was an O'shea. Hoping someone can help me with these surnames.

berval

Default Howe

a week ago I posted a thread on surnames , I am researching Howe. I have since found out his mother was a Birch, I would appreciate any help at all as I have come to adead end. Thankyou

berval

Default howe

Thankyou for replying to my thread, hopefully I will get the hang of how to do this, once again many thanks

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Berval

Firstly do not panic. As mentioned in post #3, people here will try to help but we need more information.

Am assuming your parents are no longer alive as we cannot mention living people here. Do you have their marriage cert? If so what are the names and occupations of their fathers?

Do you have your parents' birth certs? These will give the maiden names of your grandmothers as well as dates and places of birth of your parents. If you have this information can you tell us?

I looked on Lancs BMD for a Howe Birch marriage. The only one was in 1934 in Lightbowne, St Luke, Manchester. Albert Howe and Mary Ellen Birch. Is this your family?

Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post
    Hi Berval

I looked on Lancs BMD for a Howe Birch marriage. The only one was in 1934 in Lightbowne, St Luke, Manchester. Albert Howe and Mary Ellen Birch. Is this your family?
    There is also on free bmd a George Henry Howe who married in West Derby (Liverpool) in 1899. An Ellen Birch is on the same page. There are several births in W Derby from 1912 of Howe where mother's name was Birch .

berval

thankyou for information, I dont think these people are related to me, you are correct in assuming my parents are no longer alive, I do have a copy of my parents mariage cert, his father was George Henry Howe and he was a carter, and my mothers father was Henry Jones and he was also a carter. My parents were married 24th Dec 1932 in Liverool Lancashire. I have information of a marriage between a George H Howe and an Ellen Birch Kirkdale St Mary. at Liverpool for the year 1899 ref 2013wd/20/210 and a pencil message september quarter W. Derby, 8b (or it could be 86) 807. This was info given to me when I was in the UK in 2004, unfortunately this is the first time I have had the time to go further, one again thankyou for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by berval View Post
    I have information of a marriage between a George H Howe and an Ellen Birch Kirkdale St Mary. at Liverpool for the year 1899 .
    This marriage is on Family Search with George Henry's father as William Howe.

If you send off for this marriage cert from the GRO you will have full details.

Sep Q 1899 West Derby district Vol 8b page 807

But please look up the reference for yourself in Free BMD
    https://www.
    freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

The 1881 census shows a possible family for George in West Derby RG 11 piece 3661 folio 94 p19

Father William a police officer b1830 in Isleham, Cambridgeshire, Mother Sarah J b Liverpool plus 7 siblings from age 19 to age 1, all b Liverpool.
    Address 36 Seacombe St Everton.