Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    Annie O's death cert. is now in my hot little hands.

Definitely looks like there are 2 Annie O.'s
    Don't keep us in suspense, Colin! Tell us what it says.

Colin Rowledge

Annie O's death cert. is now in my hot little hands.

Definitely looks like there are 2 Annie O.'s

Colin
    For those folks who are interested - here are the details:
    Date of death - December 5, 1894
    Place of death - 2 Chippenham Mews, Paddington.
    Age at death - 33 years
    Cause of death - Inflammation of the Uterus and Exhaustion - as a result of childbirth
    Informant - E.H. Whiting, widower of deceased and present at death. His residence was 2 Chippenham Mews.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Good stuff Colin. Forward Ho?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Coromandel

It looks like you have your answer now, Colin. Poor Annie, what a sad end.

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post

Good stuff Colin. Forward Ho?
    Not sure about the "Forward Ho" bit.

While it definitely would appear that Annie O. & Fanny G. were sisters and that they both 'invented' a father-figure name George who was deceased when the 2 girls married - Annie to Edward Henry on April 8 1882and Fanny to Willie Ellis on October 23, 1887.

8 months after Annie married Edward Henry on December 25 1882 her mother Obefience E. married the father of Edward Henry.
    Archer Whiting.

When Archer died in 1900 she was a widow.

In 1911 when she compl;eted the censu she indicated that she had borne 3 children one of whom was deceased. This presumably was Annie O. Fanny was still alive and living with Willie along with her 6 surviving children. So who was Obedience Esther's 3rd child?

Colin Rowledge

Not sure about the "Forward Ho" bit.

8 months after Annie married Edward Henry on December 25 1882 her mother Obefience E. married the father of Edward Henry,Archer Whiting.
    To give one a little better understanding of my confusion with this family, I also have Obedience Esther marriage cert. to Archer Whiting on December 25, 1882. Both are indicated as widowed.

Archer indicated his father was Archer Whiting - deceased - a Coach Painter and O.E indicated her father was William Charles Gault - deceased - a Baker. Nothing wrong with that - it all ties in nicely. Archer was 55 years old and O.E. 42. I am convinced that O.E. had never been married!!!

They had no children after marriage - thank heavens.

An Archer Whiting died in Paddington in Apr-Jun q. 1900. He was 72. While I don't have his death certificate, I am reasonably confident that this is O.E.'s husband as in 1901 census as a 61 year old widow, with Archer's unmarried son Walter at 3 Notley Street, Paddington.

After the death of Annie, Edward Henry had 6 children aged from a new born [1894] whom, in his grief he failed to register the birth of, it would appear to Edward Alfred aged 11. He took a 2nd wife, a widow on February 29, 1896. This lady was pregnant at the time of marriage and gave birth on May 29, 1896 followed by another birth in early 1898.

In the 1901 census, in what must have been a very crowded environment this was how the household at 2 Chippenham Mews was -Edward Henry with wife #2, his 6 children with Annie and his last 2 with his 2nd wife.

I can't find this lot in 1911, but in 1918 elctoral rolls I find Edward Henry and his wife at 7 North Wharf Road, Paddington which is where his wife died later that year aged 51

Famous for offering help & advice

Good that you have more answers Colin. You can still move forwards with this line, that is all Waitabit meant with Forward Ho.

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by benny1982 View Post
    Good that you have more answers Colin. You can still move forwards with this line, that is all Waitabit meant with Forward Ho.
    Yes Ben, a few more answers and I do know what Wendy meant. I have broght the descendants of Edward Henry and Annie O. as well as Willie Ellis and Fanny G. forward

Whether I'll ever be able to understand why Obedience Esther would if the birth cert. for the Esther born in 1861, confirms the mother [your post #52], she would then rename the child Annie Obedience which is also the same birth names of her brother and sister in law's child that was born in 1862 and baptised in 1863?

Colin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567