Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1911 Census

junedye64

Default 1911 Census

Can anyone see Elizabeth Ann Bransby b.1906 St. Olave Bermondsey London in the 1911 census please.

I've had no luck so far.

June

judyg

Any other Clues? Parents - siblings names?

Judyg

junedye64

Sorry Judyg. That's what I'm looking for. I'm looking for someone else and I realise the best thing to do is get her birth certificate but thought as there weren't many Bransby's I might be able to find her. Thanks for trying

June

junedye64

What I mean is I'm looking for the parents of Elizabeth Ann Bransby for someone else.

I have looked both on ancestry and FMP and nothing. Even got desperate and thought her mother may have remarried so found a marriage for an Amelia Alice Bransby to either John Charles Cooper or Charles Francis Stanford in 1908 and can't find them in 1911, so far, either!

pattenwalsh

There is a marriage of an Elizabeth A Bransby in 1938 at Bermondsey to Alfred E Russell but as for the 1911 census cannot find her.Looking at 1901 there is only one Bransby family in the St Olave area and this is Albert & Bessie both born 1875 with 2 children at 206 Guiness Buildings,Pages Walk,Bermondsey.I think this will be Elizabeth Ann's parents but, cannot find any of the family in 1911.

pattenwalsh

Albert Bransby marries Bessie Maddock at St Olave,Southwark 1897.

junedye64

Thanks Christanel and Pattenwalsh. I think I'll have to assume they were left out of the 1911 census.

Pattenwalsh, that is her marriage in 1838. Also I'll see what I can make of Albert & bessie Bransby.

Thanks again both of you.

June

junedye64

Just looked on Electoral roll for Bermondsey 1930 and found

33 Sandwich Buildings Bermondsey
    Albert Bransby
    Alice "
    Bessie "
    Lizzie "

I think Lizzie could be Elizabeth don't you.

June

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Alfred Edward Russell & Elizabeth A Russell are living at 131 Drummond Rd. Bermondsey in 1938 but in 1937 there is a family of Albert ,Alice Bessie & Lizzie Bransby at 33 Sandwich Bldgs., Rotherhithe.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast