kaigs

Default Boer War casualties

My database of all known British dead is now complete and I am currently comparing the information with that officially issued by the War Office at the time; taken from newspapers. However I cannot get hold of WO casualty lists for the period October 1899 to end of April 1900. I understand the Times newspaper have archives that I can look at but I am unable to find where to log on to them & the Times are not responding to my emails.
    Any help would be appreciated please. Kaigs

Coromandel

Hello Kaigs

That sounds like a mammoth task you've taken on!

Gale Cengage Learning sell subscriptions to 'The Times Digital Archive', but I don't think individual subscriptions are available. In the UK many public libraries subscribe, and make the data available to their members. Overseas I think it's more likely that only academic libraries will have subscriptions. Perhaps Gale could tell you if any libraries near you have subscriptions? You can contact them via this online form:

https://
    gale.cengage.co.uk/contact/contact-us.aspx

Hope this helps. Good luck.

kaigs

Many thanks I will drop her a line however I did some months back manage to download some lists from the Times Archives but sadly did not keep the address and now when I contact them theu do not reply.