I am looking for any birth information for my ancestor William Price according to census information he had been born in Llandefalle in abt 1813, in abt 1840 he married a woman from Talach Ddu, Brecon she having been born in about 1815, they had a total of five children John in abt 1842, Anne in abt 1844, William in 1846, Mary in abt 1848 & finally Catherine in abt 1853, the four eldest all being born in Gwenddr, Breconshire and Catherine born in Llandefalle.
I found a William and Mary Price in the 1841 census living in Gwenddr on a farm belonging to a John Price (60, Breconshire) & his wife Anna Price (65, Breconshire), also a younger Anne (20, Breconshire) and three farm workers, this may be them.
There is a baptism in Gwenddr for August 13th 1813 to a William and Ann Price with three other children being born to the same couple, Ann also in 1813, Richard on March 3rd 1816 and Gwen in July 4th 1819, but then that doesn't fit as in the census the head of the household and possible father was called John.
1851 Census
Upper Wern, Llandefalley, Brecon
William Price (H) 40 Farmer of 40 acres & labourer Llandefalley
Mary (wife) 35 Talachdder, Brecon
John (son) 9 Scholar Gwenddr
Anne (Dau) 7 At Home Gwenddr
William (son) 5 At Home Gwenddr
Mary (Dau) 3 At Home Gwenddr
Catherine Davies (Visiter) Farmers Daughter Talachdder
Martha Price (Serv) 21 House Servant Disserth, Radnor
Jonathan Jones (Serv) 18 Farm Servant Crickadarn, Brecon
Wernhergese?, Llandefalle
William Price (H) 49 Labourer Llandefalle
Mary (Wife) 47 Tylalty, Brecon
Ann (Daugh) 17 Gwenddr
Mary (Daugh) 13 Gwenddr
Catherine (Daugh) 8 Llandefalle
Graig, Crickadarn, Brecon
William Price (H) 60 Ag Labourer Brecon
Mary (Wife) 57 Brecon
Ann (Dau) 25 Brecon
Catherine (Dau) 17 Brecon
If someone could help me out with some information I would be very grateful.
Kind Regards
Beth