DavyTee

Default Workhouse inmates

Is it possible to view imates records for workhouses in Bethnal Green area and if so how ?

Thanks in advance

Jan1954

Have a look at https://www.
    workhouses.org.uk/BethnalGreen/

Name well known on Brit-Gen

The site flagged up by Jan gives a lot of useful background information.

As regards the records, it depends on the date, and the sort of records that you want. The original records are at London Metropolitan Archives, but some have been digitised on the subscription site Ancestry. This is available to use free at many public libraries throughout the UK.

If you can give a bit more information on exactly what you're looking for, and when, it may be easier to advise.

Brick wall demolition expert!

There are poor law records for the Bethnal Green Union on Ancestry, covering various dates. For instance, they have' creed registers' for the Waterloo Road Workshouse running from 1869-1918 (with some gaps,) as well as other records such as removal and settlement papers. These records are not indexed; you have to browse through the images manually.

Approximately which date are you after. I take it you are looking for someone specific.

Edit: I see I'm duplicating Kerrywood.

Reputation beyond repute

I know A2A isn't being updated but it's still there and still has its uses. I hardly ever see it mentioned here. However, A2A is handy for a quick overview of the available records..

DavyTee

Thanks for replies folks person im after is

Alfred William Ruffell (b) 1869 son of William Ruffell (b) 1845 and Henrietta Ruffell (1871) (nee) Edwards inmates during 1869 and 1871 census Union Workhouse, Bethnal Green, London.

DavyTee

Got it totally wrong, He was actually in Union Workhouse Bury St Edmunds, I dont suppose there are any records for this establishment

Reputation beyond repute

I don't suppose there are any records for this establishment
    Your supposition is spot on. Absolutely nothing except admin stuff.

DavyTee

Cheers