Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding George

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post

Try RG12/477 folio 39 pages 15-16 (Camberwell).
    Does the happy dance.
    I can fill in details on the family tree now, and when my brane has cooled down I can look at how to discover which of the many Edward Joseph's is the one that married Josephine. All exciting stuff though eh?

ETA I looked first on Ancestry and the page number for the first page was given as 16. I tried to print from there but if I put the page into landscape the image went over two pages so I went to Find My Past where the page number is 15 and it prints on one sheet in landscape so now my elderly cousin can see it too
    Last edited by Ladkyis; 18-02-2012 at 9:19 PM. Reason: remembered something
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladkyis View Post
    ETA found the marriage then went to look at the deaths and realised that the Great War meant that a lot of Joseph surnames with E or Edward as the first name were there.
    There is this entry in the National Probate Calendar..

JOSEPH Edward Mark of 55 Stanmer Park-road Brighton died 6 May 1921 at the Borough Sanitorium Brighton Administration Lewes 23 May to Josephine Joseph widow. Effects £175 4s. 5d

And...

Death Jun 1921 Steyning 2B 276
    JOSEPH, Edward M

That's brilliant Olliecat. I can search until my eyes drop out some days and find nothing - if it's for me. If I am searching for anyone else then I can find all sorts of things....... hmmmmm.

Thank you Olliecat and Kerrywood and everyone for all the information so far. I will probably have more questions - sigh.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12