freddie999

Default Electoral register search/ confusion!!

This weekend, I have been through 5 inch thick Lincoln electoral registers just
    before WW1, page by page, trying to trace my grandfather (Alfred Jenkinson). In the 1911 census, I
    found him and his father(John Jenkinson) in a police station cell in Gainsborough!!!! I didn't
    find them in the electoral registers I looked at, I am assuming they must have
    moved to Gainsborough. Two of those 5 registers I looked were for West Lindsay the
    register which covered Gainsborough, but didn't find them!!

I have exhausted the registers available in Lincoln central library and the
    Archive, I will have a look at what the British Library has available..

The reason I was in Lincoln researching was to try to see if I could find the
    Absent Voters Register, which I was hoping would include my grandfather, and his
    regiment. That register wasn't available in the Lincoln central library and the
    Archives. Perhaps the British Library?

The photo of my grand father in his uniform does not give any clues of his
    regiment, the cap badge is unclear. ( The debate on this photo has been rolling on and on in this forum)

One line of research is to find out why he and his father were in the police
    cells.I will enquire at the Lincoln archive if they would hold such records, and
    as I have left Lincoln perhaps pay them to look at what they have for me. Any ideas about Gainsborough police records?

Reputation beyond repute

I didn't find them in the electoral registers I looked at
    Don't forget that they didn't have one person one vote pre-WW1. It's not entirely surprising not to be able to find certain people.

The reason I was in Lincoln researching was to try to see if I could find the Absent Voters Register
    I made this point before but did the staff confirm that that was how the registers were organized? Some registers have absentees included in the normal register but marked with an "a" or some such symbol.