Buddy

Default Probate look up please

Please would you look for Charles Jackson who died Grimsby 16 December 1957.

Thanks
    Buddy

Loves to help with queries

Buddy, I could be wrong but certainly the only records for probate I can look up on A......y are up to 1940. I'm sure someone else will be along and correct me shortly.
    Alison

sueannbowen

I think it is really easy to contact the probate office and for a small fee they will give what you need - this might help
    https://www.ancestor-search.info/NAT-Probate.htm particularly as you have a date.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

As has been said, the probate calendar isn't available online after 1941.

Take a look at this sticky at the top of this Wills forum, and follow the links there for further information.

(The link provided immediately above in post #3, though helpful, is a little out of date because wills are now ordered from Leeds, not York.)

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    (The link provided immediately above in post #3, though helpful, is a little out of date because wills are now ordered from Leeds, not York.)
    ooops!

Reputation beyond repute

Copies of the probate calendar are widely available. Try your local county record office or main library. Your nearest probate registry or sub-registry may have facilities, it's worth giving them a ring. I'm not clear how the cuts have affected them.