Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    zadok45

It is possible that I've made one assumption too many, with Miss E Colley. Have just browsed thru my collection of birth certs, and discovered that I don't have one for her! In order to nail down some more certain details, I intend to research Elizabeth Colley's birth. The 1881 Census gives it as "Bromsgrove", in Worcestershire. However, Bromsgrove is the registration district, and may not be the geographical district of her birth.

Have located other candidates nearby, and they will need further evaluation before ordering more certs.

Again, your input is much appreciated.

zadok45

I may have found her - at last!! July - Sept 1864, Bromsgrove 6c 386. Hope this will get some verification of her details.

Looks promising, but when ordering the cert tell them you only want it if her father's name is Henry. Then no charge.

By the way how do you know your Elizabeth Colley's parents are Henry Colley and Eliza Crawford? Just curious because you don't have a marriage or birth cert for her?

RobinC

Could this be Elizabeth in 1891?

Class: RG12; Piece: 2425; Folio: 34 Census reference copyright of TNA

Elizabeth Colley:
    Born - 1865 at Lickey, Worcestershire (Lickey is north east of Bromsgrove)
    Occupation - Parlour maid at Redlands, Lichfield Road, Aston, Erdington

RobinC

And possibly Elizabeth in 1901 after this marriage:

Marriages Sep 1894
    COLLEY Elizabeth Wolverhampton 6b 838
    Holmes William Wolverhampton 6b 838

Class: RG13; Piece: 3692; Folio: 122; Page: 22 Census reference copyright of TNA

Elizabeth has her mother Eliza with her but her mother's name is Eliza Anglyard.

zadok45

Thanks for this interesting piece of history. Could be a possible ID, but will need further verification. Will cross-check with existing details.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Could this be Elizabeth in 1891?

Class: RG12; Piece: 2425; Folio: 34 Census reference copyright of TNA

Elizabeth Colley:
    Born - 1865 at Lickey, Worcestershire (Lickey is north east of Bromsgrove)
    Occupation - Parlour maid at Redlands, Lichfield Road, Aston, Erdington

RobinC

Quote Originally Posted by zadok45 View Post
    I may have found her - at last!! July - Sept 1864, Bromsgrove 6c 386. Hope this will get some verification of her details.
    Where did you find this registration as there's nothing on Freebmd and FMP has this record as being for an unnamed Colley.

zadok45

Thanks for all your feedback. Most useful, when collated with my own research info.

I located sister(??) Laura Colley (b.1882), and gained parents names as an initial stage of wife's family history research. Because this old photo also shows Laura + husband George Badger + son Arthur Colley Badger (b.1913), there was a clear link to her family. Hence my search for a "Sister Lizzie" (pencil note on back of photo). BTW - George Badger had no sister Elizabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    By the way how do you know your Elizabeth Colley's parents are Henry Colley and Eliza Crawford? Just curious because you don't have a marriage or birth cert for her?

zadok45

From another genealogy research forum. Birth cert ordered, so I'm hoping this will clarify matters.

Where did you find this registration as there's nothing on Freebmd and FMP has this record as being for an unnamed Colley.

zadok45

Default Elizabeth's Mother

Very interesting info; however, this cannot be the Elizabeth Colley I'm looking for. Her mother, (Eliza Crawford b.1841) died 14/03/1883, when baby Laura was only a few months old. Father Henry Colley re-married in 1891 to Annie Amelia Gullick.

And possibly Elizabeth in 1901 after this marriage:
    Marriages Sep 1894
    COLLEY Elizabeth Wolverhampton 6b 838
    Holmes William Wolverhampton 6b 838

Class: RG13; Piece: 3692; Folio: 122; Page: 22 Census reference copyright of TNA

Elizabeth has her mother Eliza with her but her mother's name is Eliza Anglyard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast