Thread: New Member

mofowax

Smile New Member

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and hoping to also find some help with brick walls and other anomalies. I've been researching for a few years now, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert by any means! Any help will be much, much appreciated.

Daniel.

LittleSpark

Hi Daniel

Welcome to Brit-Gen, a very friendly forum where we have experts in knocking down any brickwalls you may have.

Good luck!

Sheila

Colin Rowledge

And from me, too, a big welcome. Not only are the folks on site demolition experts, I can attest to the fact that, in my own case, anyway, the bricksalls haven't even materialized.

I know that "typhoon' Frank Tyson was from Lancs. but wasn't "fearsome" Freddie Trueman from your 'neck of the woods'?

Colin

mofowax

Thank you everybody, what a great welcome! I'm excited already. Just the site I've been looking for.

'Fiery Fred' was indeed from South Yorkshire, Colin. Stainton, I think?

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by mofowax View Post
    'Fiery Fred' was indeed from South Yorkshire, Colin. Stainton, I think?
    I couldn't remember his 'handle' - thanks for reminding me. In my 'youf' I have many pleasant memories of going to Lords and the Oval in the 1950's - Freddie, Frank, + Laker and Lock as well as some of "Wndies" stars - Walcott and Weeks.

Pity I was too young to see Bradman and Hutton in their prime - but I do remember Alec Bedser and Ray Illingworth!!

CDolin

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    I couldn't remember his 'handle' - thanks for reminding me. In my 'youf' I have many pleasant memories of going to Lords and the Oval in the 1950's - Freddie, Frank, + Laker and Lock as well as some of "Wndies" stars - Walcott and Weeks.

Pity I was too young to see Bradman and Hutton in their prime - but I do remember Alec Bedser and Ray Illingworth!!

CDolin
    I've lost the plot there Colin (BTW have you had a name change? )

Anyway, welcome to the forum Daniel

I've just found that I have ancestors from Sheffield so you may be able to help me.
    If you find you have any ancestors from Portugal, maybe I can help you.

That's what we do, help each other, well we try. Enjoy the forum.

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post

This was just my way of welcoming - cricket and I go way-back -- my Lords trial in 1956 and my consideration for a scholarship to Millfield in 1957.

No my lovely mutt - I haven't had a name change. I burped, and forget to do a spell-check prior to submiitting [or should that be submission?] of my reply

mofowax

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post

Anyway, welcome to the forum Daniel

I've just found that I have ancestors from Sheffield so you may be able to help me.
    If you find you have any ancestors from Portugal, maybe I can help you.

That's what we do, help each other, well we try. Enjoy the forum.
    Hi Mutley, thanks for the welcome. I'm not from Sheffield originally but my wife is Sheffield born and bread, so I'm sure between us, we'll help any way we can. Happy to visit church yards for photos etc (I'm going to get inundated now aren't I?).

My father is Spanish (La Coruña, Galicia), so my path may take me across the border into Portugal.

Mutley

It always amazes me how these threads of ours connect far and wide.
    Our world is certainly a small place in the scheme of things.

My father is Spanish (La Coruña, Galicia), so my path may take me across the border into Portugal.
    Fly directly south until you get to the sea and you are probably over my house!

Best wishes from
    Colin's lovely mutt

pippycat

Colin's lovely mutt
    Many a true word!!